Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Writer's Block

In the dictionary, next to the definition of 'writer's block' is my picture but writing is something I think about everyday.  So, in order to spark some semblance of creativity that seems to have escaped into some inaccessible remote corner of my brain, I've decided to use this blog to get some writing practice in.

A couple of years ago my husband bought me this book aptly titled 'The Writer's Block:  786 Ideas to Jump-Start Your Imagination' by Jason Rekulak.  Its a cute little book that is actually shaped into a small square or 'block' - you get the idea.  But inside are all kinds of activities to get your mojo in action and I've decided to use this blog for that purpose.

I'm not expecting that anyone will ever read the blog so I don't have the added pressure that someone will be judging my work.  Some entries will just be a paragraph or two or perhaps I'll use my Sims game to illustrate a story.  It doesn't matter.....this is my playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment